Welcome to Arizona Molecular Imaging Center
C11-Acetate PET/CT Imaging for Prostate Cancer
The Arizona Molecular Imaging Center (AMIC) is a specialized imaging facility with an on-site cylotron and radiopharmacy production facility – the only private facility of its kind in the U.S. We are the first and only facility in the Western U.S. approved to produce and use C11-Acetate for the evaluation of prostate cancer under multiple clinical trials. C11-Acetate PET/CT imaging has shown high sensitivity for the detection of recurrent and metastatic prostate cancer, particularly when other standard imaging studies (CT scans, MRIs and standard bone scans) are negative.
The physicians at AMIC are conducting a study to determine how well C11-Acetate PET/CT scans can improve their ability to detect residual or recurrent prostate cancer.
Read More: Click here to view more information on C11-Acetate PET/CT imaging
Arizona Molecular Imaging Center has a commitment to provide the most up to date and effective care for our patients. Through clinical research we offer our patients the ability to take part in the continued progress of medicine and science. New diagnostic imaging techniques and treatments are available to our patients by our research team, lead by Dr. Fabio Almeida.
Learn More >>
PET/CT Imaging at Arizona Molecular Imaging Center (AMIC) provides the finest diagnostic imaging services available in the greater Phoenix area.
Our mission is quite simple; to be recognized as a community leader in Specialized Radiological Services by:
- Providing patients with respectful and compassionate care
- Utilizing a team approach
- Providing referring physicians with timely and responsive services
- Educating patients and physicians
Our goals are equally simple.
- Be an advocate for patient care
- Optimize sub-specialty orientation
- Develop centers of excellence
- Promote and maintain a can-do attitude
- Foster an environment of respect, trust, and mutual understanding
- Maintain and strengthen medical education
Our services to physicians and patients.
- Solely dedicated to offering PET/CT fusion services in a friendly and convenient out-patient setting
- Scheduling flexibility, including evening and next day appointments
- Rapid, 24 hour report turn-around time
- Participates with most managed care and insurance companies
- Stat readings are available upon request
- Complimentary car service to and from our Center